Have you ever had the feeling, when you are waiting at some crossroad, all alone admist the throng... when you just take a moment off the humdrum and trappings of daily life, and look around, above, sideways..just everywhere and simply wonder where are you heading...? When everthing around you and everyone around you just seem to be at a standstill...all sounds go mute...the scene reminiscent of music videos... where the singer is the only one who is on the move...Well guess what you dont even have to be on the road, in the middle of a rush-hour traffic to feel that way...
Life has brought me at interesting crossroads... several ways, each one promising plenty of opportunities, the best of everything...All I have to do is simply CHOOSE. We spend our entire life (well atleast 21 years..speaking for myself) dreaming what we want to be, who we want to be with , what we want to give to others and what we expect from them (does everyone do this or is it just the selfish me... I dont know...) and when one day when you have it all, or atleast you have the realistic kinda confidence that you can have it all (clairvoyance bolstered by intelligent thought and actions... ) , it is simply out of this world experience... If I were to put it in a sentence...closing my eyes and taking a moment to get the words right for this one..." There is soo much to win and soo much to lose.....But those who never play will never win..." I have echoed these words soo many times, somehow they make infinite sense to me ... probably because the most important person in my life said these once to me, when I was my usual self-doubting, undermotivated self.. I still am...but I now have equipped myself to get over it, writing is just one of them..
Another nice 'tool' I fumbled on along the way was music... I have no clue about the technicalities and fine nuances of the art, nor am I much of a connoisseur..but I have a open mind and perhaps more open ears... Music for me is when we try to notice some kind of rhythm in the cacophony that pervades us. The more you try to keenly find it the more you will be surprised of its omnipresence... in the waves of the sea, in the rustling leaves, in the metaalic shrills of the wind chime, in the pitter-patter of the rain-drops, in the chipakk-pacchak(or wateva sound u wanna call it) of the gum-boots we used to wear to school in the monsoons, in the chirps of the birds(yes even the crows can sing...)and yea in the croaks of the frogs;-P... Music is just everywhere...(thats y we have to tolerate Himeesshhhh..)
My connection with music dates back to very recent times, thanks to all the new friends I got to know in the past few months (who patiently explained the basics of all the music genres, gave me live performances online, tried to enlighten a menatally challenged person like me about the beauty of metal(I always paid more attention to nonmetals and metalloids in chem classes, but I guess this made up for it ;-D) and yea patiently listened and even managed to appreciate my sloooooooooooooow and discordant songs....and also motivated me to sing Hotel California but to no avail hehehhe) Bottomline, lets just say that music gave me much more to hold on to than just the right lyrics and the right tune...
So standing at the crossroad feels like standing on your toes while performing the ballet or doing the triple-toe in ice-skating...the process is excruciatingly difficult and requires a lot of skill, at the same time the product is soo graceful that the whole thing has a streak of facile ease...
Here I am, with the best of circumstances and people with me, it kinda feels like the winning runner..tieing the shoe lace, warming up, getting ready for the run of life, eyeing the finishing line..meanwhile the whole stadium is full is of people cheering for you... and you know you can get this right...if only you dont go off ur track in all the excitement... :-D
1 comment:
This reninds me of a beautiful poem by Robert Frost.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in wood,and I-
I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
Have u read Robert Frost?
If not pl.read
If yes pl.read again.
Post a Comment