Monday, May 28, 2007

A Prayer


Make me honest,

So I can look at my honest reflection

With a candor clear in the murky pond

Make me ambitious,

So that I can soar through the blues

Even when earthly chains fetter

Make me insightful,

So I see the candle dispel darkness

As also its own shadow beneath

Make me thoughtful,

To give without a miserly hand

As nature burgeons happiness in spring

Make me forgiving,

So I measure others’ folly as my own

As miscible as a drop in the ocean

Make me courageous,

So I bloom in the chills of fate

Like a chrysanthemum make me brave

Make me humble,

So I thank you in my greatness

Like gratitude laden boughs of trees

Make me content,

So I can be at peace with myself

Like the dew before the sun wakes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats one of the best poems I have read. priyanka is a great poet...