Sunday, September 17, 2006

Divine Comedy

Anyone who knows me or listens to my stories(without turning a deaf ear to it) knows this about me...My life is extra funny...the Gods or angels or the authors of my destiny enjoy adding that special zing by putting me in strange humorous situations. No qualms about that though, I m thankful to all of them for their 'divine comedy' lolzz. Here are some of my favourites:

We had open house in our school, and any one who had seen me in my school days and now can literally 'weigh' the difference...or so I would like to believe...lolzz . Anyway, I was soo "full of myself' tha I didnt bear any resemblance to my parents, so much so that my class teacheer refused to allow my mother to see my answer papers (even though there hadnt been a year when I hadnt topped the school!!!!(how modest..I know:-P))

My school had a knack of putting my parents in weird sitautions... This was my final year in school, however my princial hadnt seen my father's face for all these years for the simple fact that that I didnt indulge in any of the mischievious accomplishments that the Pirates of STHS boasted of..infact I was on the wrong side of the line altogether...I was the Head Girl...lolzz. So once again , since bad habits die hard, I committed the horrendous crime of topping from all the divisions in my std 10 prelims...but I had to collect my National Talent Search Award , so had to miss school on the result day. I aske dmy dad to collet it for me, so for the first time he went to the Principal ...well unfortunately for him... She was fumming over a parent whose son hadnt attended school coz he had some classes..and my dad just happened to stand in the same line as that fella's mom..so my Princi just presumed that my dad is that guy's father and gave him a firing of a lifetime... But as cool as ever, my dad let the poor Princi speak and had the last laugh when she realised the mistaken identity!

India is a land of celebrities...actors and politicians rule the roost when it comes to inaugurating exhibitions and ceremonies...Well, thngs dont get funnier han this..I and my dad wanted to visit a painting exhibition which was supposed to be inagurated by the corporator whose named coincidentally was Mr Prabhu... When we arrived at the place, a person, who I now thin was a very inexperienced event oragniser asked my dad if he was Mr. Prabhu to which he said yeas..and then-------- we got a welcome of that Gods get, complete with the band, garlands et all... I kinda realised some identity crisis but we played along anyway just for the fun of it. The story ends with the ceremonial cutting the ribbon and actually inagurating the exhibition...and ya we also met the actual guy when we were leaving the gala, both Mr. Pabus shared a good laugh, so no brickbats there...lolzz

This was the best telephone conversation ever... I had called up a friend of mine, for the first time...in all the 2 years of JC that we were together (Not abnormal circumstances for Sathayeans:-)..) Well in all the 20 min of converation that I had with him, I was fuming at how sarcastic the fella is..coz he refused to believe that I was in the same class...(well I wasnt a sarcastic juggler in those days or he would ahve certainly bled to death with my verbal punches!!!) When the water reached the ceiling and I decided no more underwater diving, I asked him why he was giving me attitude...and to our amazement we realised that..u get it right mistaken identity again, he thought I was some other Priyanka...lolzz

Well, everybody laughs at this one.. thanks to the faulty indicators at Bandra, I got into a Virar fast , thinking it is Bo F...At borivali , I was so caught up in getting into a Churgate train to save myself from getting caught as a ticketless first class traveller, that I got into a wrong train again ( Virar starting Churgate fast...yea those thingies that dont stop at Goregaon!!!).Just to clarify .. I did ask a lady if it was a C F and she replied positively, little did she know my plight...So there again, I passed my soil and reached the foreign shores of Andheri...Finally, had a nice laughat myself and boarded a slow to reach home safely.

I think thats enough for the day, would want you to come back again to have a good laugh...

1 comment:

Nish said...

:) :)