Well, the incessant rains have forced to feel the grays (I kinda think blue is a more pleasant color) , its 3:00 am, there are no dogs barking on the road , I finally get a break from the day long cacophony of the honking horns, there are three gigantic text-books( of foreign authors) on my table( looking at me with anxious eyes, and flipping their pages as if pleading me to glance, at least at their colored pictures …for once in the 4 years of engineering) …It’s placement time so I m supposed to go through all the jazz of gleaning through the online papers, aptitude tests and coding sites, and polishing my CV with achievements I didn’t know I was worthy of ….This is the time one is suddenly reminded of all the good things they did for their seniors (let’s call it imaginative reminiscence) , there is a genuine concern for knowing their joining dates and our hearts are burdened with the fact that we will be missing their valuable guidance…Moreover, it’s the time to get in touch with geeks from other colleges (the ones you bullied in your school days) coz they are the latest upgrades of the placement tests…In the words of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore- ‘Open the window of your mind, lets knowledge come from all sides’. For the poetically challenged, let me use a term our favorite Linus Torvalds would suggest-Open source!
Anyway, I was just rambling since I am pretty much sure that no junior is ever going to consult me for advice...Moving on, at this ungodly hour when there is plenty of scope for improvement, I find the time to take a break and log into my Orkut account to check out who is online…and then sign in yahoo messenger (coz I have major issues with the Orkut design…read on for more info) to catch the invisible culprits…YES! I get a bakra! Chalo time to exhibit the raconteur in me (my messenger friendship invitation comes with a clear cut warning and a disclaimer from Yahoo!) So it begins, with the traditional, Once upon a time…..and so on till ….they lived happily ever after…(The stories now-a-days come interspersed with melodies songs by yours truly in a voice that will put Himeees to shame, so you better be visible to me at nights)…/*Pardon the self- absorbed writer, dear reader, she is just trying to add new friends to her list coz everyone else has blocked her with the’ permanently offline’ setting-the editor*/ And the next thing I know…it’s 5:00 and oops I m on dialup!!!
But I m not a chat addict...it was just a futile attempt to get rid of the sheer ennui by the relentless studying… wheew… But wait… now that I hear the dawn chorus, let me just check out the early birds on Orkut…Here are the thoughts running in the devil’s workshop put into words:
“
Wow I have 80 hearts, 80 ice cubes and 80 smileys, yippie!!!
.Hey someone has written me a nice testimonial…Oye, yeh kya bakwas likhi hai?…this will decrease my vital stats on Orkut…nahi…
. I reject it!!
Let me write a scornful testimonial for this fella too… (Pen is indeed mightier than the sword!)…
Oh how nice, I met my childhood friend, the one who was lost when the school took us on a trip to the Kumbh mela…
Hmm interesting, the person is in a committed relationship (mera number kab ayega? I sip a Pepsi with wistful eyes…)
Whoa!!! yeh kya likha hai is pagal ney!!!
”here for: Friends, business networking and dating (women)”…lolzzzzzzzzz
Hey here is a nie community I would love to join-‘The flaws in Orkut’
Back to my scrap book….
Hey here is a new scrap…” Hi you have a really beautiful smile and an interesting profile… can we be friends…plz?” lolzz ya right pal! Hey wait a minute let me just check out the photos on his profile page, it’s rude to blindly reject a person na…
Bad Bad Server! No donut for you!
“
Hmm…OMG!!! Its 6:00… the interview is at 9:00…Only my killer smile can save me today!! But what do I do about these dark circles!! I need a miracle today!!!
Reading the morning newspaper…
’City youths contribute to the staggering rise in online junkies, psychologists ring the alarm…’
And I say to myself,
“These people must have brains of the size of peanuts!!! Talk about self-control and discretion!!!”
No comments:
Post a Comment