Saturday, September 09, 2006

Life in a Coffee Mug

Sunday mornings are the best...I get to doze around a little longer, mom gets to shout a little longer, dad gets to make comparisions of this lazy generation with 'the good old days'(not soo long ago, I may add in case he happens to read his one;-))...And what a beautiful morning it is...the princess wakes up to the sweet chirpings of mynas who have been trying to nest in the comfortable environs of my AC, meanwhile there is 'Bhai'...the pigeon who also vies for the same piece of real estate, kinda like the 'bahubalis'. Amidst their mutual exchange of 'holy words' in chirpy language, which only I can somehow understand,(a side effect that hasnt worn off since I had seen Dr. Dolittle...it also reflects in my academic endeavors "do little" :-)) , I open my window , with a broad electric smile, aaah the sunlight... the trees swaying...the cool wind....the avian chaos stops in the same way as the rogues stop fighting at the sight of the havaldaaar in Hindi movies. Later I sip on my coffee, savoring the fine tastes of the best beans from South India and wonder what's the special magic my mom contorts for the coffee that makes it such a delight...may be it is "Maa ka pyaar" :-). Then there are those heated discussions with dad on the articles in The Sunday Times, the CNN news in the background and my opinions (which fall on deaf ears btw) on the international 'breaking news' ,parallely I m scanning what I call ' the colored paper' : the Special Sunday supplement of TOI, (yea the ones with gorgeous men and women on the front page followed by Cigratte or Lifestyle shop or Cosmetics advertisements...). Well , then there are those rare occassions when we can go for morning walks to Aarey, all the way up to New Zealand Hostel and beyond...boy oh boy , dont I just love to walk on those roads with the flaming gulmohur trees welcoming me, every step I take and their small greenish yellow leaves showering me as if royality is welcomed :-)(As one of my friends would say... I m soo full of myself!!).Some other times when I m really in the mood for for some fun, there are those swims I soooooooooo love!!! But let me not get into the details of that for the sake of brevity:-) But if I m at home, its music time, Lata Mangeshkar seems even more melodious on Sunday mornings, and instrumentals seem more soothing at dawn(PST: Piu Standard Time... where 9:00 am IST is equivalent to 6:00 :-)).."Bhopalis" et all...transcending me to Emyrean realms... but soon there is freefall to reality... when I m reminded of the 'to do list' that has piled up through the week...well, like I m reminded of the time crunch I m in now...All said and done, "Well begun is half done":-) Reading that one twice doesnt complete the other half lolzz!!!

No comments: