This is not a funny passage,lolzzz, pure psychobabble, if u hate that stuff, please move on to something else...
well b4 reading ..a small exercise..what are the images that come to ur mind wen u hear the word..picture perfect...For me- it was a phantasmagoria of images- here it goes:
Princess Diana, 'The Glow of Hope' by Raja Ravi Verma,'The invitation to the feast' by Renoir, Aishwariya Rai, Maria Sharapova, The F.R.I.E.N.D.S. cast, Karan Johar movies, Lance Armstrong wining the Tour De France, pictures of deep space from Hubble, Diamond ring on a annular solar eclipse, Indira Gandhi, JFK, the sunset, the moonrise, the pic of a pride of lions in the Serangetti, Kangaroos hopping in Australian grasslands;-P, Goan shores, the lush green cloud covered Sahyadri mountains in monsoons, the orchids in Sikkim, the pink babies with 'slits' and chubbu cheeks I saw in Nepal, pics when I got prizes, my family vacation pics, the VJTI ppl pics, my chotu baby pics..etc (in random order) Now u can read on............
A picture speaks a thousand words, they say. So when I was asking a friend, (who btw analyses people in his spare time for fun and is really good at it, muuuah)what I should write in my SOP, fatttak( Hindi for 'at a lightening speed') sey reply aata hai- just put ur pic, it says it all..lolzz. Well that nonchalant remark, superficially could pass on for a very good joke, but since I have a habit of thinking tooooo much about everything, I couldnt help but ponder at the various dimensions of that sentence...( I 've trying to figure out how my mind works...is it a depth first search or a breadth first search...a complicated combination I bet!) Backtracking to the topic... all my life I have wondered at how much of an importance we humans give to the way we project ourselves. "It isnt about the looks", many people like me say...but is it really so? Every passing moment while walking through the streets, while shopping, or even just driving ...we instinctively judge people by what they 'appear' to be. Atleast I do that, though it is not a firm , rigid point of view, even-so cant deny that first impressions matter...
But interestingly, most people who belong to the category of the 'self-appointed jury' have a strong aversion to being judged. More often, I ve observed that it's not about what the other person thinks about us, rather what is objectionable is the thought that people will see what we consciously want to hide (I m pretty good at it, have succeeded in convincing a lot of people that I m a crazy, deranged person huhhahahha). Attach a frill of romanticism to it, and u can say that we all love to be mysterious, it is kinda like a gift wrapped in a nice package, all so perfect with a silken ribbon and a well-written card...the packaging certainly adds to the excitement doesnt it?lolzz
Furthermore, I have always wondered what is wrong in expecting people and things and life in general to be picture perfect... I wondered about when I painted- later I realised I was not so wrong in wondering that ccoz there are two major movements realism(the paintings you see in every church in Rome and Vatican and those which walk u down the Biblical lane when u have an out of body experience marvelling at the walls of the Sistine Chappel) and impressionism ( Avant Garde, Picasso's cubism and all that jazz)( Clarification , I didnt mention these things to exhibit the realms of my knowledge in fine arts...its just a culmination of my experiences). (So much for digression!!! And why do I need to explain myself everytime..well that can be a topic for the next post, hehehhehee). I wondered about it as a kid when I used to love the story books with beautiful pictures of fairies and elves and utopian distant lands, and used to not enjoy reading the same story from the not soo colorful books... And I wondered about it evertime I looked into the mirror and fretted over my curly hair, chubby cheeks and ...la la la. Wondered evertime I saw my pics... there was( correction is) always soooo much more of me in all that I do ;-) ( let me echo ur sentiments... I m too 'full' of myself lolzzzz). Wondered with every scrap i got saying 'nice pic'. Bottomline- A thing of beauty is a joy forever!
So splurge on way you look honey, a fake glimmer can pass on for a diamond, a yellow shimmer can be thought of as gold, it's worth the chutzpah for the large majority of people who arent exactly in the 'gems' category. ( I know I have raised many an eyebrow..(lolzz is that even correct English) with the previous statement, but if u happen to visit a saloon on a Sunday morning u will agree to what I say!!( Warning the sentence goes to speak way beyond that though, lolzzz)) So nod ur heads in the lectures even when u are basically sleeping( I prefer the headbutts hehhehehe but that doesnt create a good impression (context-sensitive grammar hai yeh ;-P)). Write neatly with gel pens, draw beautiful diagrams - cause rightly soo presentation matters!
But if u are screaming typecast error for the earlier para, here is some exception handling code for u....Dare to be happy with urself, completely with all ur strengths and weakness, dont be afraid to show them, who knows u may find good people who can actually make u get over ur deficiencies...and that my friend is what I call- honesty. The only person we 'must' be honest to is ourselves...hai na? Also, complementary to this, we need to have a much more open mind when we go about evaluating people, even if subconsciously, coz everyone has something u can learn and imbibe so that u become a better person( spoken like a true selfish person...but it works lolzzz). Perhaps that can help u if u are suffering from the deficiency of Vitamin C( complacency).
Ok, after this really drab reading which I m sure had a very soporific effect and if you know me personally u must have uttered those words "Looks who is talking!!!!"...
See, can stop judging myself and others can I?lolzzz thats me- picture perfect!!!!!
2 comments:
1) Too many "LOLZ" there for comfort.
2) Too full of yourself :-P. I agree.
3) More than half your blog is within paranthesis. You MUST be a computer engineer.
4) If you EVER have to analyze the human mind, you can never compare it to the concepts of a computer. Remember that. Think out of the box and think like you were the person under analysis, which you are in this case, but then DON'T think like a computer. Being good at what you do is important, but making your job your life is a recipe for disaster.
Point taken, I still dont who u are...but work is a part of life, it doesnt have to be tedium...some people may actually enjoy their work :-). Lolzz is used for indicating that dont take life too seriously, as my friend says..be serious only when absolutely necessary. I didnt know computers can think at par with humans...and that too at a degree of complexity as high as mine ( yea I m too full of myself and happily soo;-P). I had drawn parallelism to show how the concepts in comps are taken from real human life. Thanks for ur analysis though , keep reading:-P
Post a Comment