Saturday, September 02, 2006
Music to my ears
Starting off with a confession...I m musically challeged, dont know a thing abt the chords and the notes; pitch and timbre, all too abstruse for me! But every once in a while, I like listening to songs..of different kinds, variety is the spice of life and like I always tell my friends (and they unanimously agree to this) my life is just tooo spicy lolzzz! Right now I m going ga ga over Atif Aslam songs...the guy rocks!!!!!! Well everyone knows him, but here are a few of his songs I hadnt heard nad no I can get them out of my mind!!! The first one is Yakeen from his album Jal Pari, a soul stirring song, an d the guitar work and piano play is simply to die for!!! If I were to describe the song, its essence lies in the innocence and simplicity of the lyrics, yet they aptly bring out the essence- that of missing someone or something: it could be the books u lost:-P and lost over and over again, the friends you left behind on memory lane or the evil twin who got separated from you when you were two and had gone to the Kumbh mela! Check out the lyrics, generally I get sooo carried away with the melody that lyrics are eclipsed from my attention ( or may be I m too self absorbed to listen to what others say, coz I talk soooooooo much hehehehe) but these are some good set of pearls in words!!! And the best part I love about it that it starts out at a gentle pace and gradually catches up pace almost like the song was like a waterfall, a calm stream at its source, a current racing its way, to a violent flow cutting everything in its way and taking everything in its path, along with it and finally a freefall!!! lolzz. Excellent vocals I must add, music for the moment and moments later and later and later...;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment